The Manager, New Construction and Controlled Environment Specialty Sales role will lead a team of field based specialists responsible for growing sales within the US geography. Product line consists of high growth potential New Construction and Controlled Environment equipment and services from the Laboratory Equipment portfolio. Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills combined with the ability to sell through multiple channels is necessary for success.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ability to design, implement, and execute sales strategies for delivering national revenue, profitability and market share growth objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains and manages the performance of field based sales specialists.
- Implementation of standardized sales practices across the different product lines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel internal and external to the company. Ability to present technical information to large groups of prospective customers.
- Develops the national commercial plan, including development and implementation of tactics, to accomplish growth targets.
- Works closely with the generalist sales teams to reach company’s business objectives.
- Assist in defining national promotional tools and sales tactics to drive sales including product pricing and promotional tactics.
- Represents the national market/customer needs to product management in the development of new products and solutions.
- Defines core competency requirements of sales team and works with regional sales leaders to ensure appropriate distribution of competencies to facilitate growth.
- Coordinates with Customer Service to ensure back office customer support competencies and processes are aligned to meet customer needs.
- Advises business units on the appropriate use of regional equipment demonstration inventory.
- Assist/coordinate specialists and generalist sales training on responsible products.
- Attends tradeshows and represents company as requested.
- Travels throughout the US to work with sales personnel. Also travels as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
- Prepares area call reports, monthly reports and forecasts as requested
- Utilizes Salesforce.com as a CRM
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Bioscience, Business, or other related field
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Experience in direct sales and marketing (3 years minimum)
- Experience managing sales representatives preferred
- Experience within Company or other life science competitor preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Ability to manage field based sales representatives which includes potential hiring and termination of personnel.