Engineer III, Software Quality Assurance
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The software services team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and integration in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
You should be versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about working with excellent software designs and driving Agile/SCRUM processes to meet and exceed customer expectations. You like the idea of partnering with scientists, analytical chemists and bioinformaticians to create outstanding clinical and research solutions. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
- Responsible for testing Affymetrix software applications
- Work with developers and application scientists to understand requirements and user scenarios
- Develop and execute Test Plans and Test Cases based on Product Requirements and Design Specifications
- Configure test environments to meet testing and development requirements including testing multiple systems and large amounts of data
- Types of testing includes, but not limited to: component, functional, system, workflow, Internationalization, compatibility, performance, stress, security, data integrity
- Identify and log defects in JIRA (defect tracking database by Atlassian) and work with development to resolve defects
- Execute formal verification for final release, log results in JIRA
- Document test results in a summary report
- Provide assistance in testing, support and troubleshoot critical customer issues that are escalated from the field
- Provide estimates to complete assigned tasks
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Software testing
- Experience in Black box and White box testing of Windows desktop applications
- Experience with Internationalization testing
- Strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide high quality feedback on product readiness, to assess testing requirements and verify proper testing coverage and procedures
- Ability to work both independently and collectively in a team environment
- Preferred background in Biology, Molecular Biology or, Chemistry - Prior experience with Life Science or Bioinformatics Organization desirable
- Desired but not required
- Experience with test methodologies, test automation and tools development
- Unit testing, debugging and code inspection skills
- Referred background in Biology, Molecular Biology or, Chemistry - Prior experience with Life Science or Bioinformatics Organization desirable
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Tijuana, Mexico. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.