Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: South Central (AL, AR, KS, LA, MS, TX).
The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometry and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science. With the inclusion of branched DNA technology in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to simultaneously detect both protein and RNA at the single cell level by flow cytometry using our PrimeFlow™ assay and by microscopy use our ViewRNA™ cell and tissue assays. With our ProcartaPlex® portfolio, researchers can multiplex over 65 protein analytes simultaneously. Our QuantiGene® Plex assay uses Luminex® technology coupled with branched DNA to allow the quantitation of up to 80 genes in a single well from a sample lysate with no enzyme based amplification.
Incumbent must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for Houston as a base.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by telephone
- Work closely with LSG counterparts and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of Antibodies and Immunoassays products and services to support both LSG reps and distribution
- Generates and qualifies sales leads by building a strong pipeline, focused on technologies including Immunoassays, Flow Cytometry Reagents, Luminex, Antibodies and Gene Expression
- Maintain appropriate records and process demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- Special Projects as requested
- Identifies and mitigates competitive barriers
- May provide after sales technical support and customer service
- Coordinates and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
- Oral and written Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; advanced degree, preferred
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with immunology, cell biology and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the Company
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system
- Overnight travel up to 25-35% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record