Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Invitrogen, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive
The Sr. HR Manager for the businesses in Denmark is responsible for the day-to-day HR tasks related to the full employment life cycle on a strategic and operational level, such as: Sparring & coaching, organizational development and staffing, retention & attraction, recruitment, performance management, talent management, labor law, employee relations incl. works counsel, change management, mergers & acquisitions and compensation & benefits.
- Foster strong working relationship with line managers, leaders and other stakeholders. Work with the leaders to ensure full insight and high level of business acumen to create HR strategies and tactical plans that enable the business to fulfill their goals and drive growth.
- Work closely with the Regional Sr. HR Director, Northern Region, build a strong and strategic HR team in Denmark, and interact with the other HR leads within the Region, EMEA and the US.
- Partner with HR1 and the COEs to ensure the development and implementation of processes are in line with global policies and meet the needs of the organisiton
- Originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will develop and provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a superior workforce
- Create and drive a culture of employee engagement by: Driving Engagement surveys, analyzing trends and developing site-specific engagement strategies; ensuring appropriate employee value proposition; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans
- Support and drive change management related to the implementation of organisational effective solutions such as: M&A, integrations, organisational changes and restructures
- Drive, implement and harmonize compensation & benefit policies and plans including management of the annual performance and salary review process
- Drive the yearly talent tracking & assessment process and attract & retain talent at all levels
- Coach leaders to build people management capabilities
- Work closely with managers to identify required competency, performance levels and appropriate development and training programs
- To drive and facilitate necessary training to fulfill the needs of the businesses
- Be proactively involved in the improvements of all policies & procedures, workflows and HR tools, and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
- Manage employee relations across sites to enhance workforce performance and productivity. Identify and address people and organizational risk. Conduct organization health assessments. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Cooperate with trade unions and lead negotiations
Experience & Qualifications:
- University degree within HR related subjects
- +8 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful member of a business management team that provides company leadership and direction, preferably in an international environment
- Experience working with commercial and manufacturing
- Must have the ability to challenge and influence mangers and leaders at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience in employment law, union agreements & negotiations, works counsels, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training & development
- Comfortable in a performance management culture
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills and highly experience in coaching/influencing senior managers
- High level of change management skills
- Experience in the administration of compensation & benefit programs
- Understands the dynamics of the global marketplace
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organised and positive
- Fluent in both Danish and English
- Happy with travelling up to 15% of the time
Recruiter; John Rackley John.Rackley@thermofisher.com