Area Sales Representative, Research & Safety Division, Middle East
Language requirements: Arabic and English language skills
The Middle East Area Sales Representative has responsibility to implement a specific regional strategy that will expand sales for Thermo Fisher Scientific products. This person will be responsible for proactive account management with existing customers, business development activities with new customers, and support the management of our channel partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieve or exceed sales and margin targets for your designated territory.
- Execute on strategic and tactical sales plans for the GCC region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met.
- Make in-depth calls to both direct and indirect (dealers) customers at the procurement and end user level.
- Drive product sales to support key supplier partnerships actively promoting core products and services
- Work closely and coordinate sales efforts with fellow Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial team members in the region.
- Execute account strategies for program (Enterprise) accounts.
- Regular business reviews with the customers outlining performance against KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the competitor activity
- Provide feedback on a regular basis outlining regional activity including specific customer initiatives, competitor activity, promotions, outstanding issues, and upcoming plans.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (Salesforce.com). Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
- Engage with key suppliers at the customer level to ensure adequate support from a price and service perspective. Included in this activity is the coordination of vendor days with the customers.
- 3-5 years of Laboratory sales experience in a distribution environment required.
- Some experience in the pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments would be beneficial but not required.
- The ability to travel extensively (50-60%)
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, SFDC a plus.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
- Strong work-ethic and flexible work hours as dealing with customers and colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement).
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to both customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A bachelor degree in business or the sciences.
- Excellent negotiation skills, written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Able to act within a matrix organization.
- Fluency in English is required
- Basic knowledge of Arabic is preferred but not required.
- Relevant experience.
- Full driver’s license.