The qualified applicant will become part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s HR IT team supporting Workday Human Capital Management and SAP Learning Management Systems. In this role the individual will support end users, business partners, systems analysts and do development in SAP LMS. This includes triaging and working to resolve end user issues tickets, gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The individual will be responsible for working closely with the end-user community, business partners, internal IT staff, and external staff. This position has hands-on responsibility for system updates, workflow queues, prototyping/ configuration, testing, and support with specific emphasis on supporting the SAP Learning Management System (LMS).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 2 support to end users via support desk ticketing process/system (Remedy, ServiceNow); solve cases and provide answers/solutions for implemented HR/Learning systems and process functions
- Work with business and IT leads to develop solutions not readily available to end users
- Participate in system maintenance activities
- Analyze and document technical processes within SAP LMS
- Analyze system functionality with customer requirements and identify gaps
- Support, develop code and configure SAP LMS system to meet the business requirements
- Prepare written documentation - both functional and technical - for a wide variety of system analysis or specifications
- Develop test procedures, test scenarios, and test cases; execute test scripts; and document and communicate the results
- Interact and communicate with project team members to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of system updates and modifications into production
- Assist project team in the processes and procedures related to the security accreditation of new or modified applications
- Act as key liaison between business users and technical team to analyze business functional requirements and evaluate LMS functionality to meet business needs
- Assess impact of change requests and provide work estimates
- Participate in other cross-functional process improvement projects as necessary
- To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Team-oriented individual who demonstrates initiative and leadership skills; able to work independently
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and the ability to quickly learn new areas
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to multi task
- Logical and efficient; Keen attention to detail; high energy/sense of urgency
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- IT experience in support of human resource processes such as employee data management, organizational structure management is a must
- Basic understanding of systems development cycles and methodologies
- Knowledge of integration points between HR systems and other third party systems such as ADP or other Payroll systems, Finance, Recruiting and Onboarding, HR Service Delivery (Case Management, Knowledge base) and Active Directory are a plus.
Following experience is a must for this position:
- Specific knowledge of SAP HR, LMS or other Learning Management systems is a requirement for this position.
- Understand about the all HR Info types.
- Must have ALE/IDoc’s experience with HR data.
- Should have an experience of LSMW and other BDC methods.
- Should have a LMS portal experience.
- Experience in following technical areas customized reports, utilities, interfaces, function modules, classes and methods, BAPIs, BADIs, enhancements.