PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH ONLY
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The emerging technologies team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and integration in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
We are seeking a senior professional that loves to design products that have great user experiences despite needing to perform highly complex functions. You love talking to users and stakeholders to understand and document requirements, and are able to sort out what is important for an MVP. You have a technical background and a solid understanding about the complexities and magnitude of effort that goes into making well written software. You understand the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about working with excellent software designs and driving Agile/SCRUM processes to meet and exceed customer expectations. You like the idea of partnering with scientists, analytical chemists and bioinformaticians to create outstanding clinical and research solutions. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
- Lead the functional and user experience design of new software and/or extensive software revisions in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Work with the development teams and product managers to define requirements and priorities then create user-stories, designs, and development tasks to be prioritized and delegated to the team.
- Help functionally test the products and generally be responsible for making sure the product meets the customer's needs.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- 5+ years of experience with requirements management and design of modern browser-based software applications
- Very comfortable and experienced gathering functional and non-functional requirements from users and product managers and documenting resulting user-stories for consumption by the development team.
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience with scientific applicaitons solutions that manage genomic, biomedical, and/or image data