Field Service Engineer
Job ID :
South Korea - Seoul
Field Service Engineer - Global Services, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
- To provide excellent customer satisfaction through technical service, installation, operator training and repair of Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) instruments.
- Enhance Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service business and reputation by becoming the customer’s trusted advisor on Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG instruments and service products.
- Provide onsite scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs of Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG in Korea.
- Undertake bench top product service and loaner instruments management.
- Provide training and technical advice on instrument use, both in person and by telephone.
- Proactively resolve difficult repairs by using Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service Escalation process and liaising with APJ Service Specialists.
- Proactively manage personal stock of spare parts and completes paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide an important link between customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Sales and Marketing teams.
- Discuss Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service Products with customers, and provide leads to Korea Service Sales Rep as they arise.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by senior management.
- At least ONE of the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Molecular Biology or similar.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Service Engineer in the science or medical industry.
- Intermediate level written and spoken English language ability.
- Connect with the Customer:
- Is customer-centric
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Find a Better Way:
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Win Together:
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
- Mostly works in the office to repair bench top instruments.
- Travel for technical training to Singapore or US is required from time to time.