As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Senior R&D Manager, Software Development
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to be part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are interested in utilizing state of the art software technologies to turn physical phenomena and chemical applications into competitive software solutions and products, you enjoy working with high technology products in an innovative and international working environment, this is your position.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Sr R&D Manager, Software Development to our talented Software R&D development team in Vantaa to work with world known scientific laboratory instrument systems and software, which are used for different purposes such as liquid handling, DNA/RNA purification, sample preparation and sample analysis.
As a Sr R&D Manager you will have a key role in executing the strategic vision and developing our software development team. You will also have a great opportunity to work with a team who develops latest technologies, such as IoT and mobile devices, world-class instruments, software and Cloud.
We are looking for a business savvy individual who has excellent inter-personal and communication skills with stakeholders globally. You enjoy working autonomously and cope well with ambiguous situations. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Develop a software vision, supported by a compelling strategy and roadmap.
- Lead, manage and develop Software development teams and individuals globally.
- Build industry leading Cloud Application core competencies.
- Manage and allocate resources and competencies for embedded and workstation software.
- Drive the quality, cost and predictability of software development projects.
- Act as project manager or sub-project manager in some projects.
- Software development process owner.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience and a demonstrated track record in global software development.
- Experience in managing and developing a team of individual developers, preferably globally.
- Ability to work and navigate effectively in a matrix organization and experience in reporting to a manager abroad.
- Extensive experience in systematic software development in a project driven organization.
- A genuine interest in software engineering and an enthusiasm to learn and apply new technical skills and teach others.
- A technical degree in a relevant discipline, for example M.Sc. or equivalent in software engineering.
- Pragmatic and user-centric approach and understanding of business as the driving force for development.
- Ability to define project plans and demonstrated track record in on-time, on-budget, and on-specification project delivery.
- Ability to set organizational goals and to lead and collaborate with others to meet them.
- Experience in working with design partners globally and a wide existing professional network.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English and Finnish.
We Additionally Value:
- Experience of laboratory and medical software development, applications, customer environments and versatile scientific knowhow are of additional benefit.
- Understanding of software development related regulatory and quality system requirements and standards.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Ref. 43822BR.
Application deadline by Sunday the 12th of February.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Elisa Hirvensalo, R&D manager, Verification & Validation, +358 400 727279 on Thursday the 2nd of February between 12-13 or Tuesday the 7th of February between 15-16.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.