Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
- Responsible for processing the customer promise report, finding inaccuracies as well as their root causes for failures.
- Provides reporting, analysis and feedback on suppliers including monthly reports
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing purchase orders for assigned suppliers.
- Responsible for maximizing delivery performance and service level to customers while controlling inventory levels to meet corporate goals.
- Manages inventory by minimizing slow moving, obsolete, expired, overstocked and dead items
- Cost Variance - Process all orders with cost variance discrepancies in a timely manner
- Following up and resolving supplier generated requests and inquiries to ensure a continuous supply chain and escalates unresolved issues to Supply Chain Supervisor
- Expedites past due purchase orders and works reports to obtain current shipping information as required
- Receiving discrepancies – works with DC team and vendor to resolve receiving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Address all adhoc requests regarding order issues in a timely manner
- Acts as back-up for the Rush Desk and Supply Chain Specialists as required
- Performs any other duties as may be required by the Supervisor or Manager of Supply Chain.
EDUCATION and SKILLS:
- High School Diploma Required. Post-secondary education preferred with a background in a business, procurement, or logistics discipline
- Enrolment in, or completion of, Certified Purchasing Professional designation program of APICS certification is an asset
- Flexible with demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Extremely organized, excellent prioritization skills and proven sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, oriented to details
- Sound judgment, persistence and diplomacy
- Looks at change in a positive manner, resilient to obstacles and promotes team cooperation
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Bilingualism - English and French is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year clerical or admin support experience.
- Fisher experience is an asset
- Works within a scientific, technical and/or functional discipline – largely in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Uses company policies and procedures to resolve problems of limited scope and low complexity.
- Received general instructions regarding work assignments
- Exercises judgment and independent thinking with respect to completing assigned tasks