When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
A successful Supply Center Specialist (SCS) carries out the on-site product inventory maintenance and optimization of the Supply Center and supports eBusiness initiatives. Supply Center Specialists work closely with the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales Team to optimize the inventory and customer experience of onsite stocking programs to ensure continued growth of Supply Centers. They are able to communicate effectively, are tech savvy and can work independently at various laboratory supply centers.
- Maintain inventory and storage units (e.g. receiving deliveries, unpacking stock, restocking, cleaning unit, performing physical inventory and maintaining visual ID and branding standards)
- Order inventory (e.g. utilize SCMS or manual systems for collecting daily sign-out sheets or forms, compiling a list of depleted inventory, placing restocking orders and adding new products as needed)
- Rotate inventory to ensure “first-in, first-out” and minimal product expirations.
- Ensure the proper mix of products in the Supply Center to match the ever changing needs of the customers that use the Supply Center by adding and deleting products and supporting new product introductions
- Proactively seek feedback and look for opportunities to improve our business relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain corporate approved labeling and signage, and branding of Supply Center, including ensuring adequate levels of promotional material, sign-out sheets and other administrative materials as directed (including compiling MSDS and Cert of Analysis)
- Respond to customer inquiries (e.g. establish system for spot orders, update inventory) Maintain customer lists, reports and records (e.g. compiling transactions for billing purposes)
- Provide real-time customer and competitive intelligence to Supply Center team and sales account teams on a regular basis
- Support eBusiness initiatives by sharing account specific knowledge and leveraging key account relationships
- Execute and assist with product shows, seminars, on-site promotions, and other on-site promotional events tied to Supply Center
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Works hours must be performed during normal business hours to match delivery times and customer hours.
- Daily car travel to and from account locations may be required
- Is required to lift up to 50 lbs
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing work duties
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
- High School Diploma required
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in customer service, sales, research & development or other related field
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Previous experience working in or around scientific/research laboratories
- Associates Degree or Higher (Bachelor's)
This position is not budgeted for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.