- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and provides technical assistance as required
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Increases revenue by participating in up sell and cross-sell opportunities (Canada).
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company
EDUCATION and SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education preferably in science or equivalent work experience
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Good PC knowledge and excellent keyboarding skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
- 1+ year customer service experience
- Identifies customer needs, and appropriate course of action by using acquired job skills and established departmental procedures and policies.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Revenue Size: $250M annually
Organization Unit: RSD and ULS Division
Geographic Placement: Local region (Canada/ US)
- Primarily obtains and provides information
- Procedures and guidelines govern most decisions
- Provides basic direction for customers when selecting supplies and/or small equipment
- First point of contact for urgent customer situations such as rush orders or chemical spills and needs to coordinate with the appropriate personnel to respond appropriately
- Requires an understanding of Customer Service
- Applies knowledge and learned practices and procedures for one’s own position
- Applies acquired job skills and understanding of company policies to complete assigned tasks
- Can discuss and present factual information
- Interactions are primarily with internal and external customers
- Uses empathy and positive phrasing (verbal or written) to ensure a positive customer experience with every contact
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular viewing of a computer monitor. The use of voice is required for up to 8 or more hours of the day.
- Standard office environment.
- Hours of work may exceed regular schedule.