When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Laboratory Chemicals division is currently seeking a Warehouse Loader for our Bridgewater, NJ facility.
- Directs, stages and places all material in or outside the building.
- Uses proper material handling equipment to perform required tasks.
- Picks, prepares, packages, documents, labels and ships all material according to prescribed regulations sing proper dispatching equipment.
- Originates short sheets forms.
- Unloads, verifies, sorts, separates, locates and properly documents (filing) all material.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment clean and in good working order.
- Expected to keep all work areas clean and orderly.
- Will be expected to perform all job functions in a safe and responsible manner. Required to perform incidental duties relating to this job.
- Also Responsible for inventory accuracy.
- Expected to do all possible to minimize downtime and material losses.
- Responsible for all transactions. Removes and disposes of refuse, keeps outside passageway clear and clean, provides supplies and minor maintenance/janitorial services.
- Previous warehouse and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and able to work with hand tools and gauges.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
This is a second shift position. Hours are 4:00pm-12:30am with possible overtime.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.