When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
One of the core leadership positions within the eBusiness team, this role will have an ability to work in both a scientifically expert strategic content and with strong operational rigor to support the ongoing content operations which support both sites.
With content being one of the key differentiators in the value proposition of Thermo Fisher Scientific against aggregators and new market entrants it is essential that this leader is able to understand the use of content by scientists and build an overarching content strategy that meets those needs.
- Responsible for the overarching content strategy for both Digital Channels and for the design and implementation of the strategic direction and value proposition of the two web properties.
- Manage the scientific content teams which implement and actualize that strategy by considering the Information Architecture, content taxonomy and strategic placement of scientific assets and content type for maximum impact
- Responsible for the overarching quality and comprehensiveness of the Global Product Catalog online (both fishersci.com and thermofisher.com)
- Responsible for all marketing content – including learning content, marketing content, short term promotional content and selection guides
- Translation and translation strategy including engagement with the regions
- Content alignment between corporate sites, microsites, and regional sites
- Define regulatory and geographically compliant content standards for the Clinical/Regulated markets
- This position will manage a large and distributed team of content specialists and so strong managerial experience and track record is a requirement.
- This position is global in nature as the content strategy and especially the localization strategy has to be communicated to and agreed with all regions – especially in Asia
- This position requires very strong influencing skills as building a single content strategy for the entire organization will require leadership and diplomacy.
- Successful candidate will have proven track record of managing content operations on a large web site preferably with a global outlook
- Experience managing a robust product catalog housing multiple suppliers and high SKU count required
- A background in Science is preferred with a scientific master’s degree and 10+ years of related experience within a life science, medical device, or pharmaceutical company and a PhD preferred.
- Strong and proven experience leading a large organization to design editorial standards
- Proven experience in data and catalog management
- Ideally an editorial or scientific writing background in either technical communications, scientific journalism or online content
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.