When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry Research and Development group has an internship opportunity at our San Jose facility for a Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical or Physical chemistry undergraduate or graduate level student. This internship offers experience and an opportunity to play a role in the development of new technology critical to supporting Thermo Fisher Scientifics’s position as the leader in mass spectrometry.
- The intern candidate generally will work with a project team to support a project involving the development and characterization of applications for targeted compounds on a new mass spectrometer.
- Perform method development including establishing the best methods and protocols in order to achieve the Limits of detection (LOD) and limits of quantitation (LOQ) requirements for the analysis of immunosuppressant drugs in whole blood.
- Provide a thorough assessment and characterization of the sensitivity and quantitative performance of the system and determine the useful analytical range compared to the clinical therapeutic range.
- Generate a technical report on results and present the results to the project team.
- Undergraduate or graduate student in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical or Physical chemistry
- Good experimental design and implementation skills
- Wet lab experience including dealing with solvents, pipetteting, preparing dilutions of samples, and preparing standards
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Capable of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Analytical instrumentation and hands on experience a plus
- Practical knowledge of Mass Spectrometry