Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of 17 billion, we have approximately 50,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Finance Intern
This intern position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a finance or similar degree to get hands-on experience working with our finance team and other departments. The intern will contribute to financial reporting, financial analytics, and other projects. This is a 3-month (May 2017 into August 2017) paid internship working 40 hours per week during the summer.
• Financial Reporting
Assist with developing and maintaining financial reports.
• Financial Analytics
Using excel, compile relevant metrics that help measure financial performance and analyze data to drive decision making.
• Other Projects
Assist with and/or lead one-time finance projects, and assist with other finance functions as appropriate. Examples include accounting or commercial.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
• Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Competent in Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
• Junior or senior status
- 3.0 or above GPA (for business classes)
REQUIRED AREA OF STUDY / MAJOR:
• Business student with finance/accounting major preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College student currently enrolled in classes with finance experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.