- Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex electrical components, circuits, and systems for instrumentation systems used in the radiation measurement product line.
- Work with Mechanical Designers as needed for mechanical integration of electronic assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
- Support qualification type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Provide support to the Commercial team in evaluating and quoting customer projects.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other RM&SI R&D sites, customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
- Design experience (minimum capstone project)
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, analog electronics, etc.), including:
- Analog electronics analysis and design
- Systems analysis and design
- Circuit design and printed circuit board design
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics (especially analog electronics)
and manufacturing drawings
- Technical degree (B.S.E.E. or equivalent).
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Fluent in English.
• PE Certification
• Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline
• Knowledge of IEEE nuclear standards or military testing standards
• Electronics CAD proficiency
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- No non-compete agreements precluding the candidate from fulfilling the position requirements.
- This position may require occasional travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific, customer, and partner sites worldwide (approx 0 – 10%).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.