When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Working as part of the Communications team for the Life Sciences Solutions segment within Thermo Fisher Scientific, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing key communication programs and activities to help drive employee engagement specifically within the company’s BioProduction Division. This division, with over 2,300 employees worldwide and nearly $800 million in revenue, provides Thermo Fisher biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow including technologies in cell culture and cell therapy, pharma analytics and single use.
This role will focus on developing strategic communication initiatives including change management, leadership communication, integration-related communication activities for newly acquired businesses, and methods to help our employees better understand the business, technology and BioProduction market and customers. Additionally, the role will be focused on helping to support communication initiatives for programs driven by the Human Resources organization as they are rolled out to BioProduction Division employees, including communications related to talent management, compensation, employee involvement surveys and other HR-led initiatives. The individual in this role will author and edit various feature stories, leadership messages, video scripts and town hall content to help achieve the above goals, and will work both strategically and tactically on various projects. This position will dual-report to the employee communications leader and the Vice President of HR for the division and be based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Working with the Senior Director of Communications in conjunction with division/function HR and division/function management, establish targeted internal communications strategy/mechanisms to deliver overall business specific messaging to division employees and help drive employee engagement.
- Provides executive level leadership communications support under the direction of team leader or HRVP for the BioProduction Division President and members of the division leadership team
- Serve as liaison with other communication team members across the group in order to provide a connection point to division-specific information
- Provides communications support and guidance for employee engagement initiatives.
- Serve as employee communications liaison to assess targeted needs and facilitate understanding of specific stakeholder groups as it relates to program and project roll-outs and change management efforts within the division.
- Manages change management initiatives for BioProduction and other BioProduction site related communication needs.
- Project manages various employee communication initiatives as needed.
- Manage the division’s presence on the corporate intranet.
- Working in conjunction with other team members, write, edit and deliver content for various BioProduction, HR or other group/company-side initiatives.
- Creates content for town hall presentations, manager communication decks, intranet and digests to help achieve above strategic responsibilities.
- Writes leadership blogs, scripts or other communication content as needed.
- Works to bring customer stories related to BioProduction to our employees.
- Writes, reviews and edits organizational announcements and other communication as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are followed.
- Manages items related to the overall group internal communications strategy as needed.
- May be assigned other communication responsibilities in internal, customer communications or PR as needed.
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on change management, project management and employee engagement initiatives.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program, with majors in communications, public relations, journalism, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to work with senior executives from across the organization.
- Experience in social media platforms, intranet content development and other communication technology.
- Experience in creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Ability to travel domestically 15 % as needed.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.