Job ID :
US - California - South San Francisco
- Serve as the main point of engagement from the CSD PMO, serving the portfolio needs of the Agribusiness GM, Product Management Leader, and R&D Leader.
- Own and optimize all portfolio operating mechanisms, including quarterly portfolio reviews, PAC reviews, NPI reviews and others as needed
- Support the business leadership in the annual strategy mechanisms (STRAP and AOP), particularly in the areas of program prioritization and the generation of program roadmaps.
- Ensure all key Agribusiness programs have an appropriate level of program management support.
- Act in the capacity of Program Manager for at least one program within the portfolio.
- Report out active program information on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis as part of core GSD PMO operating mechanisms.
- Assist Program Core Teams in resolving resource and priority issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, Product Management, QA/QC, Regulatory, Legal, Operations, Manufacturing, Service and Support and others) necessary to ensure successful program completion and product launches across the Agribusiness portfolio.
- Deliver performance evaluations 2 times per year to Agribusiness Portfolio Team Members.
- Develop and deliver original persuasive presentations.
- Build effective relationships with Agribusiness leadership team and functional managers of all core functions, including R&D, Market Development, Product management, etc.
- Assist teams in tracking and monitoring progress against Product requirements and program plans; assist in resolution of deviations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) minimum, in a scientific/technical discipline (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Program Management, preferably in the Life Sciences or Biotechnology. Portfolio management experience preferred.
- Stage-gate product development process experience.
- Ability to distill, prioritize, and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Ability to work independently without significant direction.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, crisis management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and the ability to work effectively with a variety of other personal styles.
- Excellent leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detail level when necessary while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- VOC process experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.