As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
R&D Scientist, Microbiology
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a R&D Scientist to our multi-national team of experts developing a new exciting In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device. We are looking for a person to work as an integral part of a global R&D team for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s microbiology mass spectrometry program.
We are looking for a proactive, self driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in innovative and international working environment. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- To work as an integral part of a global R&D team for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s microbiology mass spectrometry program.
- To participate in operating a microbiology mass spectrometry laboratory, located in Vantaa, Finland.
- To plan projects in agreement with program leadership to an agreed product specification and to ensure timely delivery of the projects.
- To execute projects in accordance with agreed schedules and budget.
- To coach laboratory staff within the team.
- To communicate observations and present data to a team of multidisciplinary scientists and program leadership in timely manner.
- To conduct experiments and to maintain accurate data records according to regulatory requirements. To produce progress reports in accordance with project timetables.
- Give technical presentations to customers and at scientific meetings.
- To design and implement verification and validation studies in clinical microbiology environment.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in microbiology or related field of biosciences with at least three years of experience in a microbiology based laboratory, preferentially with clinical microbiology or diagnostic industry laboratory.
- Previous experience working with BSL-2/3 organisms.
- Hands-on experience with R&D work and scientific working experience.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to contribute to the experiment design and product development as part of a well integrated team.
- Experience within a regulatory environment, e.g. setting, conducting, and documenting experiments; records keeping in compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements (CE-IVD and FDA; ISO13485)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, also in English.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with the experts in the other scientific and technical fields, and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Finnish credentials for taking blood samples is preferred.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 43373BR. Candidates are reviewed during the process.
Please apply by Sunday the 12th of February.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior R&D Scientist Anssi Rantakari, tel. +358 10 3292380 on Monday the 30th of November at 15-16 or Monday the 6th of February at 13-14.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.