Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Global Executive Search Assistant is responsible for providing professional level support to the Executive Talent Acquisition (ETA) team and assigned client groups as well as internal and external candidates throughout the recruiting and on-boarding process. This role will provide the highest level of support to all involved throughout the entire ETA process globally. Additional responsibilities are to develop and implement a world class process for executive interviewing, hiring and onboarding for the organization in collaboration with all key stakeholders. C-level and Board level interaction will be required at times.
This role may be based in Waltham, MA or Carlsbad, CA.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Functions:
- Provide full support and communications to the Recruitment team, in candidate and new hire status throughout the search and hiring process.
- Offer high-touch support and communications to the Executive team and executive candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Coordinate complex interview schedules (via phone, in-person, video conference) and act as point person/liaison for all interviews, including concierge level support for high profile candidates.
- Provide leadership and advisory support on coordinating comprehensive candidate logistics including travel, hotel arrangements, meeting schedules and expense reports.
- Create and maintain entire suite of Executive Search work product including templates, forms, progress reporting, job descriptions, and ensure organized electronic filing of all documentation.
- Provide solutions and recommendations for any escalated candidate or internal client feedback and issues, concerns.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, and Hiring Managers to ensure consistent, accurate and professional communications to all parties involved.
- Post open requisitions on internal and external Applicant Tracking System when required. Organize, update, and maintain a wide variety of resource information within the applicant tracking system. Follow defined Talent Acquisition lifecycle within the applicant tracking system including tracking/maintenance of candidate and requisition records. Assist Recruitment team in ensuring accuracy of data.
- Prepare offers of employment, track background checks, drug screens, and gather all necessary new hire information.
- Coordinate first day logistics including processing of new hire key documents and scheduling orientations when required.
- Facilitate all External Search Firm relationships. Assist in managing the search process and coordinating all meetings and interviews with ETA leadership and all stakeholders.
- Maintain and track all executive search vendor contracts and payments of fees to search firms.
- Assist in processing invoices and shipping/tracking packages as needed.
- Monitor and track Executive Search budget.
- Manage and lead approval process with Senior Leadership on job requisitions, compensation proposals, and employment offers.
- Facilitate and participate in entire process of executive search, including but not limited to Intake meetings, weekly and/or bi-weekly update meetings, debriefs.
- Participate in creating and maintaining operational processes to ensure compliance with company policies and legal requirements. Maintain Executive tracking spreadsheet.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly ETA team update meetings, providing feedback.
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience of 10 or more years providing administrative support and or project coordination support.
- Advanced software skills. Expertise in applicant tracking system(s), preferably Kenexa, with advanced Microsoft Office skills. Advanced proficiency with Outlook.
- Proven knowledge of HR compliance such as OFCCP, EEO and any regional global compliance regulations relative to the position.
- Advanced communication skills with a highly sophisticated customer and client focused communication style, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a fast pace with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to be highly organized and prioritize accordingly is a key skill required for this role.
- Demonstrated capability to work well within a team and comfortable in navigating a highly matrix organization. The ability to influence and build relationships without authority is essential for success within this role.
- Advanced problem solving abilities and comfortable in making decisions when required.
- Experience working in a complex business environment with a high volume of candidate scheduling and calendar management.
- Ability to be highly adaptable and flexible is required. Adaptability to change regarding new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and confident working with ambiguous situations is essential.
- Strongly aligned to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4 I Values of Integrity, Innovation, Involvement and Inclusion at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to display confidence and assertiveness respectfully with business leaders across all groups and comfortable in approaching and working internationally and across a wide variety of cultures.
- Maintain a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism, upholding the values of the organization at all times. Continuously aware that as a point person/main point of contact and liaison between the company and candidate and external relationships that they serve as a company ambassador.
- This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.