Job ID :
France - Illkirch
Specific responsibilities and objectives include:
- Define, agree, build, implement and maintain a rigorous Supplier segmentation structure (including products, within supplier) that builds the foundation for a differentiated Tier 1/2/3 supplier management strategy.
- Work with EU Purchasing/ Planning/Prod Mgt Teams and Suppliers to build and roll-out a balanced score card process for performance management of suppliers through frequent business reviews
- Working with Commercial, Supply Chain and Supplier partners, Plan, co-ordinate and deliver multiple workstreams that put in place the key building blocks of a tiered Supplier management strategy that’s supports Supply Chain optimization – ie, such as, but not limited to, documented and agreed contracts, freight, incoterms, leadtimes, service level agreements, performance metrics/reviews, electronic trading interfaces and transaction flow, MOQs, delivery quality etc.
- Build upon and improve the tactical and strategic relationships with internal Commercial/Supply Chain functions and external Suppliers in order to deliver improved efficiency and performance across the wider supply chain.
- Secure short term financial gains from the restriction/elimination of non-compliant invoicing (e.g. accessorials, freight)
- Support Monthly and Quarterly Business reviews with Suppliers/Product Management Team as appropriate.
- Identify suppliers which require support or development to improve structural performance, beyond the duties of the Purchasing Team.
- Represent and present Supply Chain requirements to internal functions and suppliers.
- Negotiate and overlook a quarterly stock refresh process with the appropriate suppliers and Product Management staff, for Purchasing Team to execute on.
- Negotiate and overlook forecast sharing and appropriate use of vendor managed inventory with appropriate Suppliers and internal stake holders, for Planning Purchasing Team to execute on.
- Act as an escalation point for serious Supplier failures across key stakeholders, beyond the duties of the Purchasing & Operations teams.
- In depth knowledge of Supplier segmentation, Development and Procurement management.
- In depth experience of Supply Chain/Logistics contract conditions and managing compliance to contract.
- Proven track record of implementing Supplier Development programmes in large/complex organizations.
- Experience of change management and Lean concepts/continuous improvement. Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing environment and organization.
- Strong people and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain principles/concept in a fast moving distribution environment..
- Independent, self motivated, tenacious and determined. Sense of urgency and ownership.
- Qualified to degree level in a Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics or Production management discipline (or can show sufficient experience in these disciplines).
- Fluent in business English. Working knowledge of at least one other major European language desirable.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- European travel will be required.