Job ID :
US - Oklahoma - Miami
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintain close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secure and analyze quotations, negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinate the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with [ERP] requirements or as arranged with requisitioners.
- Coordinate as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visit suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
- Utilize statistical methods, such as Re-Order Points, and best practices for FG inventory planning.
- Maintain standard lead-times and service objectives in the [ERP], while minimizing the use of air freight and other expedite costs.
- Participate in problem resolution activities, when required, to insure timely deliveries to / from global locations to customers. Support back-order reduction efforts.
- Support development and implementation of the Lean Supply Chain.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Associates Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant purchasing experience in a manufacturing supply chain.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
- APICS preferred.
- Certification in CPIM or CSCP a plus.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.