Role: IT Analyst
Division: Research & Safety Division
Band: 6 Professional
The IT Analyst debugs, monitors, maintains and optimizes computer hardware and computer software problems to support end-users whilst providing services to other locations within the region – remote and on-site. S/he will install, configure and administer hardware (incl. peripherals) and server applications in an VMware and Windows environment. The person will also provide consistent levels of service through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and effective IT support for site business activities.
- Maintain end-user support (2nd / 3rd Level) and system availability within predefined timeframes working within the standards of the ITIL framework in conjunction with the Enterprise Service Desk
- Protect data & system security and data privacy
- Assist with IT projects and roll-outs
- Work in global IT teams and on specific IT subject areas (regional EU, international)
- Update IT management on status at supported site(s)
- Provide agreed IT services for one or more site(s)
- Meet SLA targets and monitor ongoing work order trend in line with other priorities in order to meet customer needs
- Interface with department managers to identify and resolve business systems problems and identify potential improvements
- Assist the local business leaders with coordinating business and IT support activities
- Meet requirements of Sarbanes Oxley, PCI and similar business critical compliance practices for sites covered as mandated by IT directives, policies and initiatives
- Participate in quality improvement tools to solve common user requests / issues and elimination of recurring root causes
- Assist with any infrastructure changes to improve performance, cost, or functionality
- Escalate problems as necessary
- Maintain IT inventory (Hardware, Software Licenses)
- Maintain and update IT related documentation
- Maintain inventory of surplus equipment
- Perform daily file backup as required
- Proactively perform equipment maintenance (out of regular office hours as required)
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS (Hons) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Windows O/S and PC/server hardware
- Experience with Microsoft Office product family
- Continuous learning approach focused on retention of up to date broad IT knowledge
- Customer focused attitude
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Results focused – able to deliver short term essential tasks and longer term goals
- Flexible with a can do attitude. Enjoys problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Requirement to travel to other sites as necessary to assist ongoing GIS support continuity
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to support with remote tools, and deal with antivirus & backup programs, hardware imaging, etc.
- Relevant certification a plus
- Experience with networking and related technology awareness would be an advantage
- Experience in system integration or comparable experience (MCSE, MCITP, …)
- Experience of SAN technology and experience in managing storage systems (EMC highly preferred).
- Good level of knowledge in Active Directory design, implementation and administration including Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and security or MCITP Server Administrator.
- Good hands-on experience implementing and maintaining enterprise backup solutions.
- Experience utilizing virtualization technologies VMware vSphere 5.x platform, HA/Failover and resource pools.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server Platforms including Windows Clustering, Terminal Services or MCSE/MCITP certifications. With Advanced Server Administration certifications preferred
- Microsoft MCITP Enterprise Administrator or MCSE
- Microsoft MCITP Messaging Administrator
- Citrix CCA or Vmware Certified Professional (VCP or VCAP)
- Good level expertise with the following Microsoft server platforms:
- Exchange 2007/2010, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL, CRM, Lync 2010 and others
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Fluent in English language, both written and oral.
- Previous experience preferably in multi-site, global companies
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th February 2017