The Human Identification Europe, Middle East, & Africa (EMEA) Sales Leader will report to the Vice President of Life Sciences Solutions Group for EMEA and run a growth oriented Commercial Organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the EMEA sales target of $65+ Million Dollars in reagent revenue and $20+ Million in overall ProForma Revenue with and through a sales and support organization of 30+ people. In this role the incumbent will also report dotted line into the Global Commercial Leader for the Human Identification business unit.
This position interfaces also with the HID Divisional Leadership Team. The successful candidate will provide the leadership/motivation, sales strategy, operational excellence, communication, and functional expertise the HID EMEA team requires to maximize the commercial opportunities.
The HID EMEA Sales Leader will provide leadership in setting the sales strategy in order to deliver the regions revenue targets, optimize profitability, and strategically deploy customer-facing teams aligned with the business unit’s strategy. The person will also ensure that the team executes on the broad business imperatives by driving initiatives that are closely associated with global strategies, go-to-market directives, and customers’ and employees’ needs. In addition, this person will ensure there is focus on sales force effectiveness, price optimization, a profitable portfolio mix, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy. He/she will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, a high performing organization.
The EMEA Sales leader will work very closely with regional marketing team and customer care, to help create initiatives focused on communicating and nurturing relationships with customers, driving run rate business, and generating new business.
- A strategic sales plan with key milestones in place
- Achieve/exceed revenue plan for each region of EMEA
- Defend, win back, and grow share globally
- Develop an aligned and focused Sales Team with clear accountability, ownership, and implementation of sales best practices
- Create, implement, and develop a strong sales infrastructure inclusive of CRM, business intelligence, and activity management
- Develop a detailed strategy for the top ten accounts in EMEA
- Point person to represent HID in EMEA with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong relationships with strategic partners, KOLs, influencers and other working groups
- Excellent relationships with the Global HID Team (Sales, Product Management, & Marketing)
- Predictable revenue quarters with strong year over year growth
- Understand distributor relationships and influence changes where needed
- Design and implement robust revenue forecasting process and gain compliance by all regions in EMEA to adhere to this process
- Developing effective sales strategies within a highly entrenched competitive market
- Working in a start-up business mode within an established company
- Managing a highly diverse team
- Operating & influencing within a matrix organization
- Operating with a tight budget and lean resources
- Influencing a highly technically oriented team
- Growing in the midst of an environment where customers have more choices
- Our successful candidate must demonstrate outstanding leadership and sales management characteristics
- He/She will embody a strong personal character coupled with a broad business acumen and intellect, vital competencies essential to navigating complex and dynamic market conditions
- He/She will have a successful track record of managing and growing a sales organization in a global environment
- The successful candidate will be a decisive business leader that will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced business culture
- The HID EMEA Sales Leader will have demonstrated outstanding leadership of commercial operations including but not limited to commercial analytics and forecasting
- The ideal candidate brings the discipline from a large organization but has already made a successful transition to a more entrepreneurial and smaller company setting
- Additionally, our successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop aggressive and innovative sales strategies to capitalize on those opportunities
- This person will lead through conviction of purpose and consistently demonstrate strength in character
- He/She will have the ability to think clearly and critically, articulate a vision, and inspire others to follow
- He/She will be a risk-taker who is willing and able to make dispassionate and objective decisions based on hard data as well as soft data.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position the desired candidate will have:
- Demonstrated Capability To Develop Sales Strategy And Translate Strategy Into A Tactical Plan That Achieves And Drives Top Line Growth
- Proven Sales Experience in a complex field with Forensics or Molecular Biology experience preferred. Scientific experience required.
- Proven ability to operate in a truly global environment.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Highly Effective At Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Superior Communication Skills
- Demonstrated Ability To Lead Teams
- A Reputation for Executing for Results
- A Deep Understanding Of How To Fanatically Serve The Customer
Recruiter; John Rackley John.Rackley@thermofisher.com