When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Engineering team, you will be responsible for providing the electrical engineering expertise needed to support the manufacture, value engineering, and development of radiation measurement instrumentation. The ideal candidate will have diverse electrical engineering skill set.
The Electrical Engineer will be expected to:
- Maintain the integrity of products and engineering documentation in support of Engineering Change Requests.
- Utilize leadership skills to effectively communicate, facilitate, and organize project activities within a cross-functional team environment.
- Provide guidance in regards to industry standards and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects, tasks and programs to suit business needs
- Design digital and analog circuits and troubleshoot existing designs.
- Create and maintain Bill of Materials to support product design
- Design alternate solutions for Obsolete or Non-RoHS components
- Support product regulatory compliance testing.
- Document and interpret specifications of electronic components.
- Programming experience in VHDL, C, C++, and C# is a plus
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in electrical design
- Demonstrated ability to design and troubleshoot digital and analog circuits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of embedded CPU’s, micro controllers and firmware design tools.
- Accomplished with Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Computer Aided Design tools such as Altium and AutoCAD.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Good verbal and written skills in English.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.