When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Operator II, Manufacturing is responsible for assisting with all aspects of quality assay manufacturing by following standard HLA laboratory procedures and duties to include:
- Dispensing of biological reagents
- Reagent buffer preparation
- Printing labels for bottles, vials, and boxes
- Packaging, sealing, and scanning of assays
- Assisting with production tasks on different product lines as needed
- Assisting with storage and monitoring of inventories, products as well as in-house supplies
- Monitoring and recording freezer and refrigerator temperatures
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area at all times
- Assist other laboratory technicians and laboratory associates on various production lines and/or projects as needed
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
- High school diploma or GED
- General laboratory experience having worked in a medical or research lab and familiar with such procedures
- Ability to understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
- Maintains the production pace of other team members
Contacts and Relations:
- Will interact on a daily basis with numerous production personnel and will work side-by-side with other technicians and associates in performing packing and sorting.
- Maintain work schedule as assigned, including completion of specific tasks in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- All personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective action
- Perform only those tasks for which they have demonstrated capability, based on prior experience, education and/or training
- Complete training tasks/functions as they are assigned
- Update external training certifications and have certification documented by their immediate Manager/Supervisor
- Follow verbal and written instructions in a timely and thorough manner
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Understand and follow laboratory protocols and work with laboratory reagents in a safe and efficient manner
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Comfortable working in a laboratory environment and wearing appropriate safety clothing required
- Occasional lifting of objects, including laboratory instrumentation of at least 35 lbs.
- Standing for a long period of time
- Associate’s degree or higher
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.