In support of IT service restoration for the Global enterprise, the Major Incident Manager (MIM) will initiate and lead Major Incident conference calls in response to critical business impacting IT outages.
During the Major Incident Conference Call the MIM will:
- Assess business impact using sound customer facing judgment.
- Instill confidence in senior business and IT leadership throughout the call by maintaining a sense of urgency toward impact mitigation while remaining calm, positive, and customer focused.
- Provide verbal and written business impact updates to senior business and IT leadership.
- Capture all Major Incident details and update all necessary documents and databases in real-time.
Expectations of this specific role within the MIM team:
When not on MIM calls, this particular role in the MIM team will be responsible for validating relevant incident related data, analyzing, and drafting operational health metrics presentations for delivery to IT senior leadership on a regular basis. Operational health metrics are comprised of Key Performance Indicators which are not limited to Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time to Notify the MIM, Business Impact Quantification, Repeat Incident Capture, and Associated Problem Management Categories.
The following behaviors are expected of all individuals in the MIM team:
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Act with a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Exhibit excellent listening skills.
- State opinions in a way that encourages dialogue.
- Seek information and input from subordinates, peers, manager, and senior leaders.
- Understanding of metrics for the MIM process.
- Use metrics to measure results.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Generate innovative solutions.
- Deliver prescribed goals to a standard of excellence.
- Seek out opportunities for personal development.
- Manage priorities effectively.
- Match actions to words.
Minimum Qualifications/Position requirements:
- BS in a technical discipline. MBA, or MS preferred.
- Ability and desire to lead the implementation of technical solutions to IT problems in dynamic, high-pressure situations.
- Delivers complex messages/subject matter in a style that is appropriate for a broad audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a globally diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Developed ability for public speaking, and relaying business critical information to senior leadership on demand.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication tools (memos, presentations, reports, etc.).
- 2-3 Experience in statistical analysis of Key Performance Indicators, and confidence in ad-hoc statistical analysis as requested.
- Uses knowledge and sound research ability to reconcile conflicts and make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into IT operational improvements.
- Self-Motivated. Able to work largely unsupervised and see tasks through to completion without regular follow-up
- Willingness and ability to be on prem 12pm-9pm EST/ 9am-6pm PST
- Will be expected to assist with coverage for other regional MIMs during their normal work day due to absence, holiday, etc. May require additional hours and/or additional/varying work days, possibly with short notice.
- Regular weekend on-call rotation required (frequency varies based on staffing and/or business needs).
- Must be reliable and dependable and flexible to changing shifts to ensure proper staff coverage during planned and unplanned absences or special business processing times such as Quarter End/Year End.