Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager, North America
Location: Remote- Eastern US
This position is responsible to support the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), specifically to achieve instrument connect and sales and market share objectives for our Chromatography Consumables (CCS) product lines via phone and email. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will work with the field Sales Representatives and other members of the commercial organization to transition leads to opportunities with a focus on revenue growth and customer interactions. As an Inside Sales Representative, you will be a part of a dynamic and high-achieving sales team focused on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing the existing installed customer base primarily through outbound and inbound telephone sales. Your key responsibilities will be to develop sales through direct customer interactions and indirect customer channels to achieve quotas based on the customer's requirements.
- Driving Lead Generation:
- Provide instrument lead qualifications for selected lead share programs, and drive consumables connect to achieve revenue growth objectives
- Selling chromatography columns and consumables to end-user customers in assigned territory through outbound and inbound telephone sales.
- Develop and nurture sales leads for assigned region
- Prospect and discover key customer lead opportunities - Make outbound calls to new and existing customers via telephone and e-mail; cold call, cross-sell, and up-sell
- Participate in the implementation of sales strategies to meet team goals
- Provide product information and recommendations to end users and channel partners
- Process quote request- direct and third party customers
- Overcome objections of prospective customers through focused and appropriate sales strategies
- Follow-up and close opportunities
- Sales Support:
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop account specific strategies
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of customer contacts within a centralized CRM system
- Provide first line of technical support for customers
- Achieve / exceed monthly sales goals as outlined by the Inside Sales Managers.
- Developing strong relationships with customers within the assigned territory.
- Partnering with Field Account Managers in assigned territory.
- Constantly survey territory for new customers and opportunities.
- Present the company’s products in a positive manner and maintain/build our reputation in the marketplace and develop new customers.
- Ability to identify with and recognize customer requirements, providing appropriate recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills.
- Results oriented focus with proactive approach to sales.
- Demonstrates a professional rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel for writing proposals and reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in science field from an accredited institution or related experience.
- Working knowledge of chromatography required.
- 1+ year experience in chromatography including one or more of the following areas: HPLC, GC or Mass Spectrometry.
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Internal account management and cold calling experience a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP/SFDC a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.