When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is primarily focused on the customer service aspect of Unity Lab Services.
Activities will include working in a GMP lab environment. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications in support of various customer centric activities which include the Microsoft Office suite of programs and well as internal applications. The tools that will be employed would include desktop computers and telephony. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
The Site Specialist will perform other critical lab services activities such as washing laboratory glassware, receiving and dispersing deliveries, dry ice stocking, garment management and inventory management.
- Ensures equipment and environment complies with established safety and good laboratory standards.
- Receiving shipments on loading dock and verifying for accuracy
- Entering and tracking and receipt transactions in associated systems
- Delivering of material to end users in facility
- Shipping of material, hazardous and non hazardous.
- Support of Chemical and Solvent Tracking – track and label all incoming chemicals and solvents; Scan and file invoices. Ensure accurate chemical records retention. Distribute lab chemicals per end user request
- Support of Stock Room - Orders and maintains lab consumable stock room(s).
- Support of Chemical Inventory management of two Chemical Stockrooms.
- Write work instructions for new and existing instrumentation, as needed. Send instructions to document writer for SOP creation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program, especially Excel
- Work Overtime, as required
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between customer sites.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, with assistance
- Possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site including providing clear, concise communication with customers.
- Collaborate with the on-site commercial team.
- Deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving ability
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.