The Systems Analyst, Workday Security has the overall responsibility for access rights assignment and security configuration for the Workday application at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Systems Analyst acts as an enabler between the business community with problems and the technology which offers a solution. This role is ideal for someone who has the key technical skills in Workday and is looking to apply that knowledge to the Thermo Fisher Workday security program.
A key part of the Security Analyst’s job is to maintain and update the security program to include role assignments, security group access changes, and troubleshooting security questions and issues. The Security Analyst will facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and non-technical alike). (S)he will prepare benefit justifications which serves as the main liaison between the business users and the architects/developers in order to implement effective solutions. Because of the configurable nature of the Workday product, you will also be implementing some of those solutions.
This will mostly consist of a process improvement or organizational change. A truly effective Analyst aligns him/her self with the needs of the business and then offers support before, during and after the execution of a technology solution. This position demands that Analyst keeps his/her skills sharp in both technology trends and ''best practices'' of the industry. Systems Analysts have a passion for making sure that new software and processes are effectively integrated/adopted within the functions to achieve maximum productivity gains, while meeting the needs of the business and maintaining proper data integrity.
· Support the business’ use of its Human Capital Management (HCM) system – Workday.
· Manage day to day security change requests and issues through the designated ticketing process keeping the relevant business partners informed at all stages.
· Work with business to identify and define best business practices
· Troubleshoot issues and work with developers to define technical solutions.
· Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
· Find ways to leverage existing setups and keep customization/enhancements to a minimum while enabling unique business processes that provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace
· Aid in the project management process for projects including scope identification, project planning, and project status reporting.
· Create requirements documents for formal change control for enhancements and bug fixes through facilitation with key project stakeholders and sponsors.
· Ensure application prototypes align with business requirements and user acceptance.
· Work with developers to translate requirements into technical specifications.
· Develop and execute functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
· Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings from vendors.
· Work on small enhancements independently to create functional specifications
· Work as a Project Manager on smaller projects and follow IT methodologies to ensure project is compliant with PMO processes.
· Participate in implementation projects.
· 2-4 year of related business experience working with Workday HCM required
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience·
· Excellent working knowledge of key HR business processes.
· Experience with and understanding of HR system user security setup and maintenance (both role setup and assignment to users).
· Strong data analysis skills required. Hands on experience on managing data; data analysis, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
· Ability to assist in user workshops, define requirements, write business cases, and design workflow processes.
· Project experience is also a plus.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.