|When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.|
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
Refrigeration Engineer for Laboratory Equipment Division (LED). The candidate shall develop refrigeration systems and components for new and existing cold storage products manufactured globally.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Participates with New Product Development (NPD) team members to develop refrigeration systems for the Company’s products, including -86C Cascade, -150C Auto Cascade & Conventional systems ranging from 4C to -40C.
• Develop effective refrigeration systems to achieve top-rank quality and long term reliability while at the same time providing environmental-friendly product designs and meeting regulatory requirements. This includes but is not limited to refrigeration loops, heat exchangers, fluid-flow and best design practices. Develop proper specifications for system level performance, subsystem performance and component performance.
• Analyze the thermal behavior of refrigeration systems to include all heat & mass transfer mechanisms, fluid flows, and phase changes by use of predictive thermal fluid modeling and other thermo-physical tools, for component selection, and overall refrigeration system design in new and existing products.
• Develop and execute test plans to validate the performance of new developed refrigeration systems and upgraded existing products by utilizing design for reliability tools and performance sensitivity analysis. Consideration must be given to the applicable third party certifications, for example: FDA, UL, CE, CSA etc.
• Lead innovative advanced technology projects that will support future NPD projects and / or intellectual property.
• Work effectively with global cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate NPD Process.
• Working alongside our Electrical engineers, the candidate will design refrigeration control systems including the selection, specification and evaluation of refrigeration control components.
• Design refrigeration systems to be modular for efficient Manufacturability and Assembly at various manufacturing locations around the world, and design refrigeration systems for ease of service.
• Design refrigeration systems that meet customer requirements, time to market commitments and that are within target cost commitments of the NPD projects.
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Physics from an accredited higher learning institution. M.S. Preferred.
• Advanced coursework in A/C and refrigeration engineering strongly preferred.
• 7 years experience in product development in refrigeration or air conditioning.
Experience with systems requiring defrost cycles to maintain coil performance.
• Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments.
• Willingness and ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
• Design for Six Sigma skills is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills to be able to analyze empirical data for refrigeration systems.
• Ability to integrate global standards and regulations into design. Experience creating designs to be produced in multiple global manufacturing sites a plus.
• Experience with heat transfer system and design and analysis.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary
• Some travel may be required, average 10%.
• No supervisory responsibilities:
Relocation budget has been approved for this position.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com