Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Field Service Technician is a field based position that is responsible for customer support activities with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize proven troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of electromechanical instruments. The ability to manage service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision is required. Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales. The Field Service Technician will also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Two to three years of field service experience
- Two year degree or Technical Certification or military biomed training required
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs
- Up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Anatomical Pathology instrumentation preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.