Manufacturing Sciences Manager
Job ID :
US - California - Sunnyvale
- Lead, train and develop the Manufacturing team. Define and establish clear objectives and expectations, provide direct feedback routinely for performance management.
- Two functional areas: media synthesis (including qualification) and consumables manufacturing.
- Be a visionary of process change and documentation of processes and workflows to achieve operational excellence - guide others toward that vision.
- Drive and lead teams in continuous improvement efforts- identify and addressing root cause situations, and build systems to prevent and correct issues. Conducts financial analysis to forecast and assess project impact.
- Participate as a core team or extended team member for new product introduction.
- Contributes to new product introduction documentation, ensuring that operations concerns are addressed.
- Establish key performance indicators for projects in area of responsibility that drive change and visibility to the team and leadership. Track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis rigor performed to drive the continuous improvement culture.
- Effectively uses prioritization mechanisms to utilize resources across teams to complete the work on-hand and/or rise to Leadership so that resource needs can be addressed.
- Identify projects and recommends appropriate course of action (e.g. discontinuation, outsource, process improvement) to maximize profitability and supply.
- Have a lead role in the harmonization and technology transfer process for the media synthesis (including qualification) and consumables manufacturing to drive risk mitigation, productivity and quality and service improvements.
- Documents SOP’s and work instructions to capture and document processes and procedures.
- Ensure safety is a top priority with active measures in place to drive a safe culture.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or relevant engineering discipline, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or technical environment performing production/operations and/or project management functions.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Experience within regulated environment is preferred – pharm/bio-pharma related.
- Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean. Green Belt / Black Belt Certification desired.
- This position requires occasional travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific, and partner sites worldwide (approx 0 – 10%).