As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Product Specialist, Laboratory Plastics Essentials
Based in Copenhagen area or Southern Sweden
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Laboratory Products segment? Are you looking for a role where you can use both your strong technical knowledge and your relationship building skills in a customer oriented role?
We are currently looking for a new Product Specialist within the business of Laboratory Plastics Essentials in the Nordic region. Initially the position will cover Denmark and Southern Sweden but will be developed to cover a wider responsibility within the Nordic region. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Laboratory Products organization, at what is an excellent time in the growth of the business in Nordics.
The scope of the portfolio for Laboratory Plastics Essentials include consumables within Clinical, Sample Storage, Packaging Bottles, Diagnostics (microplates), Liquid Handling and General Labware. A large part of your work will be supporting our sales channels, both on site and in the field. When you’re not visiting customers or distributors you will work out of your home office, but you also have the opportunity to occasionally work from our office in Roskilde. You will be part of the Nordics Laboratory Products commercial team reporting to the Nordic Sales Leader.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating demand pull for our extensive Portfolio of Laboratory Plastics Essentials and monitor product sales performance in your region in collaboration with Channel Managers
- Achieving the sales volume, revenue and product mix and meet the agreed business plan for the Portfolio
- Organize and conduct technical seminars for customers
- Provide support and training to sales channels for the Portolio
- Looking after existing as well as developing new relationships with key customers in the region
- Maintain and develop the business pipeline through the CRM database and provide regular sales reports
- Extensive travel within Denmark and Southern Sweden (later entire Nordic region) and some yearly international sales meetings and trainings
- Follow and Adhere to Company Values – Intensity, Integrity, Innovation and Involvement at all times
We believe you have the following experience/qualifications/qualities:
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably from a related market is desirable, but not an absolute necessity
- Degree in an appropriate science subject (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry)
- Clear understanding of the laboratory consumables market is desirable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong drive for success
- Happy to be on the road most of the time
- Fluent in Danish and/or Swedish as well as professional level of English
- Clean drivers license
What we can offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Access to the brightest minds within your field
- Development through continuous learning and developing skills and abilities
- Cooperation with colleagues and teams across business areas
- Opportunity to make a difference
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 43112BR.
Application deadline is February 22, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Heidi Lund-Nielsen, Sr. Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Nordics via email firstname.lastname@example.org