This is a full time role reporting to the area Supervisor. The job holder will be responsible for providing an accurate, prompt and effective service for our customers. This role will primarily be based within one area of secondary manufacturing; filling, prep or packing. However, there is an expectation that the post-holder will move to other areas within Secondary Manufacturing when required to ensure adequate cover and to maintain efficiency and productivity e.g; to cover holidays, sickness and during high levels of demand
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To follow Production Operating Instructions (POIs), Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) in order to complete departmental production orders within the required timescales.
- Completion of all work to the required quality standards
- To operate safely and with due regard to the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, reporting potential hazards to management.
- To comply with the sites Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)) standards
- To complete all documentation completely, accurately, legibly and in a timely manner, as stated within our quality systems.
- To complete training modules in a timely manner and participate in training programmes
- To ensure that all equipment used is within calibration and to take responsibility for
calibrating items when required.
- To participate in the companies continuous improvement program (Practical Process Improvement PPI), specifically Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Any other tasks/duties deemed to be within the competence of the post-holder
- GCSE standard of education in English and Maths is essential.
- The ability to undertake physical activities together with the need to operate various pieces of equipment.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Flexibility in the variety of roles undertaken.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- An enthusiastic approach to continuous improvement activities
- Basic IT skills required