The Genetic Analysis Solutions Sales Representative is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Solutions Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR and Sequencing. Genetic Analysis Solutions Sales Representative will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. Required skills for this position include sales, technical familiarity with product lines, marketing, funnel management, and forecasting. This sales territory covers accounts in San Diego, CA.
· Scientific consulting acumen - Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on applications to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, kits and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
· Consumable sales acumen – Successfully drives reagent throughput and attachment rates, driving enhanced utilization of our qPCR and sequencing technologies. Consults with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
· Business acumen – Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting –for both run rate and big deal/project based consumable orders.
· Team work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
· Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals of the company and commercial organization.
· Effectively compete to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
· Manage qPCR and sequencing install base and consumable utilization. Identify the applications, reagents, assays, and protocols available and convert the business.
· Manage existing Ion install base for consumable utilization. Target idle or underutilized systems to drive successful adoption.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
· Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
· Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
· Understands customer goals, priorities and challenges such that our solutions are best positioned to address customer needs.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
Requires a minimum of 5+ years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience. Extensive knowledge of qPCR and sequencing preferred. Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have Capital equipment experience large account management experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Deep knowledge of qPCR and NGS.