Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR and Sequencing. The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. Required skills for this position include sales, technical familiarity with product lines, funnel management, and forecasting. This sales territory covers the “Longwood Avenue” area of Boston. The rep can live anywhere commutable to this territory as it's a field based position.
· Scientific consulting acumen - Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on applications to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, kits and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
· Consumable sales acumen – Successfully drives reagent throughput and attachment rates, driving enhanced utilization of Applied Biosystems brand of qPCR and sequencing technologies. Consults with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
· Business acumen – Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting –for both run rate and large volume/project based consumable orders.
· Team work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
· Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with management for the territory.
· Effectively compete to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
· Manage qPCR install base and consumable utilization. Target existing AB qPCR instruments not using LIFE consumables. Identify the applications, reagents, assays, and protocols available and convert the business to Applied Biosystems brand.
· Manage and expand existing Ion, (next generation sequencing), install base.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
· Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
· Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
· Understands customer goals, priorities and challenges such that our solutions are best positioned to address customer needs.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
Requires a minimum of 2+ years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience. Extensive knowledge of qPCR and sequencing preferred. Knowledge of accounts in territory is strongly preferred.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have Capital equipment experience large account management experience.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
Preferred Qualifications: Deep knowledge of qPCR and NGS.