Job Title: Procurement Sourcing Specialist II
Requisition ID: 43701BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Associate Buyer performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials and services for a site. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. Primary responsibilities center on ordering and expediting production material necessary for the operation of the organization.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and supplier management
- Analyze and execute purchase requisition messages into buy transactions on a daily basis
- Daily PO delivery maintenance (Supplier OTD)
- Manage supplier relationships
- Negotiate spend for raw materials and services agreements
- Manage MRB activities and supplier corrective action on a daily basis
- Manage PO delivery performance on a daily basis
- Manage PO and invoice reconciliation issues
- Manage metrics: Site PPV/MCR, Site Supplier Quality Scorecards, PO Cycle Time, Site Raw Material
- Develop PO, Blanket Order, and Consignment programs
- All other duties as required or assigned
Nature and Scope
Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Some tasks involving a moderate degree of complexity. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers. The Buyer Associate is responsible for the effective procurement of materials for the production schedule for a specific work center or commodity class.
- Exercises judgment with generally defined practices and policies, working on problems of relatively moderate scope and complexity. Determines appropriate action by independently referencing operating policies and procedures, and using proven approaches.
- Has contact with all levels of company employees as well as frequent interaction with vendors.
- Receives technical guidance on aspects or areas outside primary technical specialty.
- Provides feedback and periodic updates to managers on status of goal/project assignments.
- Embraces philosophy of Practical Process Improvement (PPI)
- B.S/B.A college degree in relevant field.
- 1-3 years business experience
- High performance, communication and execution skills
- Skilled in using modern ERP systems (e.g. SAP), Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Works in an office environment.
This position does not have relocation allowance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.