THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
DISTRIBUTION SALES MANAGER
Home Office - Europe
Territory: Nordics/Eastern EU/Turkey
This position is based in our Anatomical Pathology Division (APD), which offers a complete line of anatomical pathology equipment and consumables from specimen collection to diagnosis - for a more efficient, safe and productive laboratory environment.
As the Distribution Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving APD’s sales channels within the territory to achieve the target annual revenue growth and the profitability objectives. This will be achieved by creating and implementing robust forecasting and sales processes, the assessment and rationalization of all go to market channels and developing key activities to engage and maintain strong relationships with our customers and channel partners.
You will be a key member of the AP European Leadership Team, working closely with the peer Sales Managers, Director of Sales & Marketing, International Technical Services Manager to drive customer satisfaction and optimize revenue growth. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager EMEA Distribution.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
Your core responsibilities:
- Together with Strategic Product Managers, develop business plan identifying key areas of growth potential and strategies to capture both short and long term growth.
- Select, train, and develop sales channels capable of managing positive customer relations and exceeding revenue targets.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to promote the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand and AP instruments, consumables and services.
- Review and track all legal contracts and implement key metrics for forecast delivery, dealer stock holding, demonstration equipment levels and staff training and complement. Implement annual review process in top Tier countries in territory.
- Establish robust monthly, quarterly and long term forecasting processes.
- Take a leadership role in tracking and reporting key economic drivers in the region with appropriate strategies to maximize opportunities and minimize risks
- Provide commitments of expected bookings and sales revenue on a monthly basis to the AP Leadership and assume ownership of accuracy.
- Continually look to improve the sales processes, people, and sales coverage within the business.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To succeed in this role you must have at least a Bachelors Degree in a related field and several years experience from senior sales management positions; ideally within the diagnostics or IVD segment.
You should be a strong leader, with the ability to develop and motivate people at all levels and have excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities. Being able to work in a team where you direct and influence others is key in this role.
Ideally you will have experience of developing international strategic operating plans with a strong emphasis on execution of commercial growth drivers and have a solid foundation in sales related financial skills. Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills are important in this role.
Previous experience of effectively negotiating and closing business at an international level, across several geographies and cultures with both end users, and business channel partners. You must also be used to optimizing distribution selling channels is required.
The role will require you to travel international, about 60% of the time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific we place great value on integrity, intensity, innovation, involvement and therefore hope that you do too!
ARE YOU INTERESTED? HAVE QUESTIONS FOR US?
Apply now! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you have questions please contact:
Victoria Johansson, Recruiter Nordics, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 23 February 2017