Job Title: SR Technical Support Specialist
Reports To: Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
Position Location: REMOTE- USA
Position Summary: Provide technical support and consultation to service personnel and customers, primarily in North American marketplace but occasionally to the rest of the World. The position will specifically be supporting GCMS quantitative analysis for the Environmental/ Food Safety, Toxicology and Petrochemical Markets, primarily using Quadrupole and Ion Trap Mass Spectrometers coupled with the most advanced Gas Chromatographs in the market. This is a high demand market segment that requires support by highly experienced and confident personnel.
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal, involving hardware, software and operation.
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations.
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers.
- Promote and sell aftermarket products for the service organization
- Assist in developing and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales Engineers. Provide feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field required. MS or PhD preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience with BS degree, 2-4 years of hands-on experience with MS degree or 1 year hands-on experience with PhD.
- Previous experience with GC and/or GC/MS required.
- Previous laboratory or similar experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities necessary:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software, networking and PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority activities (tech support calls, training, travel, service calls and other group needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve difficult customer problems.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time for business purposes