Director, Sales Operations – QUOTA/TERRITORY/COMPENSATION PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION - GLOBAL LSG COMMERCIAL
This individual is responsible for managing a range of activities related to territory, quota, and compensation planning and administration process in North America and Globally. The Global responsibilities include owning the territory, quota, and compensation planning project, ensuring the regional teams meet key milestones in rolling out annual plans. For North America this individual will work with sales leaders to develop plans designed to motivate the sales teams and drive them towards maximizing revenue. They will also manage teams responsible the annual territory and quota process as well as the ongoing maintenance throughout the year. Additionally, the Director, Sales Operations for Quota, Territory, and Compensation Planning and Administration will lead the North American Commercial Sale Compensation team to ensure the accurate and timely administration of sales compensation within LSG. This person will work cross-functionally with: Marketing, Finance, Sales Operations/Pricing, Compensation, IT/CRM and multiple Business Units.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the annual global territory, quota, and compensation project to ensure each team hits key milestones to roll out territories, quotas, and compensation plans in a timely manner.
- Own the end to end process for Sales Compensation planning.
- Act as a strategic partner to divisional sales leaders to develop compensation plans which drive reps to maximize revenue.
- Work with Division/Sales Leaders to create/adjust product bags from year to year.
- Assisting sales leaders to understand the impact of comp decisions on individual sellers.
- Work with sales leaders to effectively roll-out comp plans and timely receipt of acknowledged plans.
- Responsible for the administration of the comp plans through the year.
- Manage the implementation of comp plans in the compensation tool.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate compensation payment to the sales teams.
- Prepare for and chair the monthly comp council
- Ensure proper documentation of all comp rules and processes and decisions.
- Ensure all documentation is properly maintained to comply with applicable policies.
- Motivate team to execute on the North American FY Territory and Quota planning process.
- Meet project milestones in establishing territories and setting quotas
- Effectively communicate with sales leaders expectations, timelines, and status of the project.
- Oversee the territory management process throughout the year to maintain accurate account/territory alignment
- Coordinate Sales Programs globally and manage them in the Americas. These includes
- President’s Club
- Sales Achievers
- Others as requested
- Provide integration support for elements of the Quote to Cash workstream
- Constantly evaluate existing processes to identify potential possibilities to improve/streamline.
- Successfully influence, interact and manage internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Other tasks as required.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior sales executives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation planning and administration
- Success in leading teams to successfully accomplish complex tasks.
- Solid analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization.
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented.
- Can disseminate information effectively and supply regular updates to key stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of project management skills.
- Able to work independently, multi-task, and maintain focus on the goals at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications required.
- Master’s or higher degree preferred
- A minimum 10 years of management in Sales, Sales Operations, or Compensation Management roles.