Job ID :
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
The major responsibilities are to:
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Increase the install base of Thermofisher Scientific Instrumentation within the sales territory ( ION Torrent, Capillary Electrophoresis, RT PCR and Microarrays)
- Work together with local sales colleagues and manager sales to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly.
Qualifications / Experiences
- Academic degree (MSc) in scientific disciplines, possibly life science.
- Relevant Sales experience and a high level of professional expertise gained in the sale of CapEx lab instrumentation.
- Relevant technical and scientific background.
- A track records of closing high value deals in highly competitive situations.
- Familiar with using common sales strategies such as Miller Heimann or SPIN.
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- Good verbal and written command of the German and English (technical) language.
- Able to undertake frequent travel. There is the possible need to participate in congresses over weekends.
Skills / Behaviours
- Strong teamwork skills able to align across teams and organisations and fosters collaboration.
- Establishes stretch goals and drives for results.
- Able to take responsibility by holding self accountable for personal delivery.
- First class negotiating skills, able to influence in highly competitive market space and work proactively to differentiate and promote the benefits of the Thermofisher Scientific portfolio and close deals.
- Solid organisational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment.