About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve comples analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Client Services Project Manager resides on the BioProduction Inquiry to Order (ITO) Single Use Technologies team and is responsible for managing BioProduction and Research markets. They are a single point of contact serving the customer, sales and operations through the cross-functional execution of custom inquiries, with the primary focus on relationship building and delivering a seamless customer experience.
- Work closely with customers and Account Managers to accurately capture requirements and secure business
- Work with interfacing functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer quotes and new inquiries (Design, Packaging Engineering, Product Management, Accounting, Pricing, BioProduction PMO team members, and Customer Care).
- Ensure RFQ’s are met for all custom projects for given account assignments.
- Serve as the customer advocate throughout internal processes. Troubleshoot, escalate and resolve issues and risks that are jeopardizing customer commitments. Communicate action plans and resolution to the customer in a timely manner.
- Adhere to SFDC data integrity best practices.
- Meet BioProduction business objectives around inquiry turn-around time, customer service level targets, and revenue goals.
- Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations, lead customer conference calls.
- Handle BioProcess Xpress Requests
- Technical Support back up
- Maintain department pacing metrics
- Change notification execution
The Client Services Project Manager applies basic principles, concepts, practices, and standards of the BioProduction field to complete standard tasks and assignments. Work under general direction using discretion to complete tasks, frequently solves problems through research of multiple alternatives, builds stable working relationships with internal and external contacts, and impacts the immediate workgroup through accuracy of tasks and information provided.
Position requires five years experience in a customer facing environment and working technical knowledge of the biotechnology industry including the basics of project management methodologies.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Successful candidate will have strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal communications, interpersonal cross functional team based interaction, organizational and detail orientation, analytical, planning, and problem solving. Should also be intellectually curious and results oriented.
Requires BS/BA or equivalent amount of experience