When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Genomic Assay Technical Sales Specialists (GA-TSS) will mainly focus on driving our Assay Business with some overlap across our business with next generation portfolio and arrays. This role serves as a technical resource for the customer as well as the genetic analysis sales team during the entire sales processes.
The GA-TSS will have ownership of driving KOL success, developing high level relationships with key opinion leaders, with the purpose of making these engagements successful as positive references. A GA-TSS will ensure tight alignment with the Business Unit and maintain a level of communication with the product teams focused on training needs, market feedback and product development input.
- Develop and manages an annual Territory Plan and quarterly 100 Day Plans to meet or exceed business goals.
- Regularly utilize financial tools and CRM’s to drive territory success and achieve plan.
- Align with internal business partners and product management to find, drive and close sales aligned to key core (growth) businesses and identified emerging markets.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Develop and maintain deep current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilize product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio, to successfully apply consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges to provide solutions best positioned to address customer needs.
- Focus on high growth areas and markets, key applications to drive large open array-based projects, high throughput Taqman assay projects as well as new emerging markets using our technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience in Life Sciences (highly preferred) or similar Field Application Support.
- 30-40% Travel
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies.
- Knowledge of next-gen sequencing.
- Ability to demonstrate product and technical knowledge across the high-end qPCR and its applications, as well as (secondarily) the entire Ion Torrent portfolio.
- Ability to accurately cost projects and speak to workflow advantages to create ROI with the customers and sales colleagues.
- Accomplished sales skills and can speak to competitive technologies, demonstrate value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.