Thermo Fisher Scientific, are currently recruiting a Senior HR Generalist to join our HR team based at the Life Science Solutions Group HQ at Inchinnan.
This role is one of three HRG’s in the UK who support the Life Science Solutions Group within Thermo Fisher Scientific, the successful individual will provide a HR Service to a broad client group of Operations/Manufacturing, Legal, HR1 and IT in the UK. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to partner with site leader, local leadership and employees to drive revenue growth and build organisational capabilities whilst contributing to key projects across the organisation.
- Establish culture and drive employee engagement by analysing trends and developing engagement strategies, ensuring appropriate employee value proposition, partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications, influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans, and supporting a culture of wellness
- Manage employee relations across sites to enhance workforce performance and productivity. Identify and address people and organizational risk. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment. Ensure compliance with all country laws, statutes, and regulations
- Build manager capability. Provide coaching and feedback to managers on talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organisational capability assessment, strategy and planning
- Partner with HR Centres of Expertise (COE) to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, and provide development opportunities at each site.
- Attract, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce that delivers results. Partner with the Talent Acquisition COE to drive recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels for key roles. Identify and address geographic workforce trends to support business strategy.
- Develop and implement change initiatives with your client groups to drive organizational alignment and effective human resource utilization. Partner with COEs and Business HRGs as they develop, communicate and implement initiatives and programs including those related to compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, talent management, legal and other programs applicable to the sites.
- Degree qualified (ideally within HR related subject) & CIPD qualified (or working towards)
- Demonstrated progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and complex matrix environment with a high level of change would be beneficial, as would experience of working in an Ulrich model HR organisation
- Ability to challenge and influence at all levels in the organisation
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organisational planning, organisation development, employee relations, training and development
- Comfortable working in a performance management culture
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Understands the dynamics of the global marketplace
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven and positive
- Experience of coaching/working with influencing senior managers
- Experience with the Human Capital Management system, WorkDay, would be an advantage but not essential