When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Product Manager is a global position which enhances the value of the product portfolio with the development and implementation of new products, branding and channel management of the web gauging product line within the Materials and Minerals Business Unit of Chemical Analysis Division for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Technical Product Manager reports to the NA Senior Sales Manager – Gauging and is responsible for the execution of objectives and decisions for the web gauging market segment. The role is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans that increase revenue and market share, drive product and application development, and the providing necessary training on usage of the products in specific web gauging applications.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Develop the positioning strategy of all products and services considering price, volume, share and profitability.
- Contribute to defining regional promotional tools and sales tactics to increase revenue including product pricing with commercial teams.
- Lead cross-functional new product development teams and all product management aspects associated with product definition, product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools, and promotion plans.
- Ensure assigned products are responsive to market needs, drive continuous improvements where needed to maintain and/or improve market penetration and share position.
- Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the product line’s competitive edge.
- Evaluate assigned products for obsolescence and communicate recommendations for cost effective product management.
- Conduct market research and both internal and external voice of customer (VOC) and validate data to drive decisions on development of product plans and identification of new opportunities.
- Lead projects to evaluate and provide direction for growth opportunities that leverage market trends and needs for integrated solutions.
- Lead all product management related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance in the development of strategic marketing plans and programs related to assigned products.
- Provide hands-on sales and application support as required to ensure customers are realizing full value from their web gauging investment.
- Conduct research and maintain relevant market data and competitive intelligence. Interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback.
- Generating competitive product analyses to identify differentiators and inform development processes to aid in developing winning products.
- Synthesize conclusions from such research to communicate key findings to other key stakeholders and drive action.
- Support the marketing communications team to develop appropriate collateral support including catalogs, launch kits, sales communications, instruction sheets, etc., for driving sales (web enabled).
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Communications to develop appropriate promotional plans.
- Develops materials for the assigned products and leads or supports training programs. Deliver training in person or via remote technology (e.g., GoTo Meeting, WebEx).
- Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions.
- Understands how the businesses operates and demonstrates knowledge of policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization and industry
- Minimum of a BS with a focus on automated web process control highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in web gauging applications and markets.
- Product planning and product life-cycle management including experience with stage-gate product development processes.
- Experience in developing and launching new products.
- Strong technical capabilities consistent with web market segment including the various sensing technologies.
- Experience working with multinational customers, commercial and development teams
- Requires up to 50% travel including international.
- Proven ability to influence and lead convincingly, to drive cross-functional teams to success in challenging and ambiguous situations. Experienced working in a matrixed organization.
- Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4i values.
- Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive change successfully.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.