When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be part of a dedicated and professional team. The primary responsibilities consist of handling telephone calls, processing orders and quotations, sales rep inquiries, change requests, and responding to customer inquiries on all orders. The Customer Service Representative will be a key member of the customer service team.
- Participates as a key member of the call center, answering all ACD calls within specified time.
- Reviews and enters orders upon receipt and initiates order processing cycle. Resolves order problems with customer regarding pricing, availability, terms, delivery, entity etc.
- Work with Sales, Operations, Engineering, Finance and Shipping to ensure timely shipment of all transactions.
- Responsible for handling all quotation requests.
- Achieve fundamental knowledge of all Radiation Measurement instrument product offering.
- Handles warranty issues including replacements, RA’s for depot repair, and Customer Orders/Credit Memo’s for return or replacement of product to customer.
- Proactive notification to customers on impending late orders
- Work closely with sales on any account issues and special handling of orders.
- Participate in Practical Process Improvement events
- Aware of SOPs and asks questions as appropriate
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service.
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Excellent communication, computer, reporting, and analytical skills
- Understanding of MAPICS is a plus
- Strong understanding of order transaction management & the supply chain
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Detail-oriented & strong teamwork skills
This position does NOT offer relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.