When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Bioprocess Research Engineer that will drive product innovation through adaption of existing technology, along with innovate via conceptualization, research, design, and evaluation.
- Independently design experimental plans, perform studies, and analyze and report study results and recommendations both verbally and in written formats.
- Perform engineering analysis and modeling (i.e. heat and mass transfer, CFD, surface chemistry, biological networks etc.) of components and systems.
- Supports technology transfer into development
- Oversees and assists in process characterization and process validation studies as needed (in-house or externally).
- Supports troubleshooting and continuous process/product improvements as necessary
- Document experimental results/concepts to support patent and intellectual property portfolio
- Interact with customer base on new product and process concepts including alpha and beta testing
- Travel as required to perform job functions.
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering - biological, biomedical, bioprocess, biotechnology, chemical or materials.
Bachelor’s degree, with 4 years of experience, or Advanced degree with 2 years of experience
Following skills desired:
- Knowledge of general bioprocess operations (cell culture, microbial fermentation, harvest & recovery) and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) type environments.
- Experience in the medical device or biopharmaceutical industries.
- Software proficiency: MS office programs, SAS/JMP, DoE, matlab/simulink, CAD (Solid works, AutoCAD a plus)
- Automation and instrumentation proficiency: knowledge of Delta-V, PLC, PAC based bioreactor control systems and supporting unit operations.
- Team oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management skills, time management discipline, Gantt charting
- College engineering degree in applicable technical field.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 4 years of experience, or Advanced degree with 2 years of experience.
- Laboratory research or process development experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to work well in a group environment.
- This position may include travel up to 15%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.