Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Requisition ID: 43419BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. We enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics. With annual sales of $17 billion, we have over 50,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries.
Our Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research products and services primarily by using the telephone; but also using email, Internet, and other technology within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in Biotechnology Company and one-time dealer. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required.
- Search competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services to customers.
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability.
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory.
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager.
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist customers in inventory control.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Assist sales to complete billing process at customers’ site.
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience, preferably have some sales experience.
- Master’s degree, preferably in the biosciences.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer.
- Must deliver excellent customer service.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.